Healing within the Crisis- A Covid-19 Therapy Response
Counselling and therapy during the Covid-19 pandemic has been a unique challenge, during which I've had to move exclusively to online and tele-counselling sessions. My clients, most of whom I've counselled face-to-face have also had to make this move and it has been an effort for all of us. I worry about whether I am as reassuring when I'm so far away and my clients can only hear my voice, and whether they can feel my empathy and support from the tone of my voice. I am very aware of what I say, and how I say it.
As a part of this thought process, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), came back into the picture. I have been trained in EMDR and use it extensively in my practice.
Dr. Gary Quinn, MD, Director of the EMDR Institute of Israel, who has worked extensively using EMDR on the frontlines of war and natural disasters, has recently developed SCP-C, or Self-Care Procedure for Coronavirus. This tool uses EMDR therapeutic principles to help people who are dealing with trauma, anxiety, or any other issues specifically in this unique lockdown situation.
I have been trained in administering this therapeutic tool and will be offering it to anyone who would like to reach out. This short, and highly-effective treatment will be available, free of cost, during the lockdown.
If you are thinking about making an appointment, here are some of the things you need to know:
1. Each session is 20 to 30 minutes long.
2. The session will be through video call, so a stable internet connection and a place where you will not be disturbed is crucial.
3. This session is aimed at bringing down distress and will not be looking at other mental health concerns or past experiences.
4. I will be collecting some basic demographic information which will be used as a normative data towards maximising the session’s benefits.
5. If you wish to continue with me for personal therapy you can do so by booking appointments online on the booking page of this site.
6. If you have any further questions, you can leave me a message https://www.beginagainindia.com/contact or call me at 8722297440.
We are all navigating this challenging time together. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to help you in a meaningful way, if you choose to reach out.
Stay home and stay safe!